Ingredients for preparing Spanish Rice
- Rice - 2 cup
- Fresh Corn - 250 g
- Onion: sliced - 2 no.
- Capsicum: chopped - 1 cup
- Beans: chopped - ½ cup
- Carrot: chopped - 2 no.
- Vegetable Stock - 3 cup
- Peas Shelled - ½ cup
- Garlic: chopped - 3 cloves
- Tomato Sauce - 2 tbsp
- Tomato puree - 2 tbsp
- Pepper Powder - 1 tsp
- Oil - ½ cup
- Salt to taste - ½ tsp
Steps for preparing Spanish Rice
- Boil the corn and keep aside.
- Wash and soak the rice in water for 20 to 30 minutes.
- Heat the oil in a pan; fry the onions till they turn golden brown. Add chopped garlic; stir fry till the raw smell disappears.
- Add the vegetables and boiled corn, stir to combine.
- Now add the tomato puree, cook till the puree become thick. Then add tomato sauce, mix well.
- Add soaked rice and stir gently. Sprinkle pepper powder and salt, mix well.
- Finally add vegetable stock. Let it boil on low flame till the water dries up and rice is cooked.
- Serve hot.
Share This Article