Ingredients for preparing Rice Pathiri
- Rice Flour – 1 cup
- Grated coconut - ½ cup
- Cumin seeds – ½ tsp
- Salt to taste – ½ tsp
- Water – 1 cup
Steps for preparing Rice Pathiri
- Grind the grated coconut and cumin seeds to a fine paste and keep aside.
- Boil water in a vessel, when it starts to boil add rice flour slowly and stir well. Keep stirring to make sure that there is no lumps are formed.
- After some time, pour the mixture into a large bowl. Add ground mixture and salt, knead well to prepare the smooth dough for the pathiri.
- Allow it to cool, divide the dough into small equal sized portions and roll out to small lemon sized balls.
- Using a rolling pin roll out into thin circular shapes. Repeat same with remaining balls.
- Heat a tava or a non stick pan, cook the pathiri till the both sides are done.
- Serve hot with chicken curry or any spicy curry.