Ingredients for preparing Rice Murukku
- Rice Flour - 1 cup
- Moong Dal - ¼ cup
- Butter - 2 tsp
- Asafoetida Powder - a pinch
- Sesame seeds - 1 tsp
- Chilli Powder: - 1 tsp
- Salt to taste - ½ tsp
- Oil for frying - ½ cup
Steps for preparing Rice Murukku
- Pressure cook moong dal for 2-3 whistles, then drain the water and grind it to make a smooth paste.
- Take a mixing bowl, knead the rice flour with butter and mix well.
- Then add the chilli powder, salt, asafoetida powder and sesame seeds, stir well.
- Then add the grounded moong dal paste, mix well and add some water little by little to make smooth dough. The dough should not be too loose.
- We can make the murukku using Murukku maker, for this take one star attachment and fix it to the maker.
- Take handful size dough and put in the murukku presser (Murukku Maker).
- Press the maker tightly over a greased plastic sheet and rotate slightly and make 5 or 6 spiral shapes. Dough will coming out through the narrow hole shaped as per the one in the star attachment.
- Repeat the steps with the remaining dough.
- Heat oil in a thick bottomed pan, put the murukku carefully and fry till it turns light golden brown on both sides.
- Drain the excess oil in a paper towel, allow it to cool.
- Tasty crispy rice murukku is ready, we can store it in an airtight container.
Share This Article