Ingredients for preparing Rice Cookies or Achappam
- Fine Raw Rice Powder - 1 cup
- Sugar: powdered – 3 tbsp
- Thick Coconut Milk - ½ cup
- Egg - 1 no.
- Black Sesame Seeds - ½ tsp
- Salt to taste - ½ tsp
- Oil for frying - ½ cup
Steps for preparing Rice Cookies or Achappam
- Mix together rice powder, beaten egg, sugar, coconut milk, sesame seeds and salt in a large mixing bowl. Mix well to prepare loose batter just like dosa batter. Add little water if needed.
- Heat the oil in a deep bottomed pan; dip the achappam mould in oil for a minute. Once the mould is hot enough take it out and dip 3/4th of mould into the batter.
- Dip again in hot oil and shake the mould slightly so that the achappam will separate from the mould easily.
- Deep fry the achappam, when two sides turn golden brown transfer to the serving plate. Drain the excess oil using paper tissue.
- When cooled down, store in an airtight container. Serve and enjoy.