Ingredients for preparing Rice and Coconut Halwa
- Rice – 1 cup
- Coconut: grated - 3 cups
- Jaggery: melted - 1½ cup
- Ghee - 2 tbsp
- Cardamom Seeds Powder - 1 tsp
- Almonds: chopped - 10 g
Steps for preparing Rice and Coconut Halwa
- Roast chopped almonds in 1 tabl;e spoon of ghee till golden brown, keep it aside.
- Soak rice in one cup of water for 2 hours.
- Grind the soaked rice along with grated coconut into a fine paste
- In a thick bottomed pan, add ground coconut- rice mixture, melted jaggery, cardamom seeds powder and ghee. Simmer and mix gently, keep stirring to make sure that no lumps are formed.
- Once the halwa mix become thick and supple remove from the fire and allow it to cool.
- Spread the coconut halwa mix on a greased plate. Garnish with chopped almonds and refrigerate it.
- Cut into desired shape just before serving.