- Rice - 2 cups
- Garlic: crushed - 4 cloves
- Ginger: grated - 1 large piece
- Coconut Milk - ¾ cup
- vegetable oil - 2 tbsp
- salt to taste - ½ tsp
Steps for preparing Ginger Coconut Rice
- Wash and soak the rice in water for 15 minutes. Drain the water and set aside.
- Heat oil in a pan; add garlic and ginger. Saute 2 to 3 minutes until the raw smell goes off.
- Then add rice and pan-fry for a few minutes without changing its colour.
- Add coconut milk and salt; let it boil on medium flame. Add some water if needed and cook covered.
- Once the rice is semi cooked reduce the flame and again cook covered.
- When the rice is cooked and most of the water dries up, turn off the stove and allow it to set.
- Serve along with best combination.
Share This Article